Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Comman Core State Standards Overview and Mathematical Practices
Grade 1 Overview
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Represent and solve problems involving
addition and subtraction.
• Understand and apply properties of operations
and the relationship between addition and
• Add and subtract within 20.
• Work with addition and subtraction equations.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
• Extend the counting sequence.
• Understand place value.
• Use place value understanding and properties
of operations to add and subtract.
Measurement and Data
• Measure lengths indirectly and by iterating
• Tell and write time.
• Represent and interpret data.
• Reason with shapes and their attributes.
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique
the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated